General Entry Fees to Races and Event are not included in Membership Fees for the Valley Royals
Entry fees will be tracked and charged at the end of each season, on an individual basis, based on the various events and races the athlete entered during the season (this includes missed events). However, athletes can cover the cost of most of their entry fees just by Fundraising for the Club and then paying their fees with their credits. Both Fundraising Credits and Entry Fees are tracked by Christa, our club Administrator.
There are some Entry Fees which the Club does Cover:
- The Valley Royals will pay for up to 3 Entry Fees for each athlete that chooses to represent the club at the BC Track & Field Championships (BC Athletics)
- The Club will also pay the Entry Fee for an athlete’s Age-Level Race at the BC Cross Country Championships (BC Athletics).
- The Club pays Entry Fees for Club Members while they are attending University or College. These athletes are in an intense time of life in which heavy financial and academic burdens have been placed on them. They are often elite athletes who are working hard to compete at a very high level and have spent years giving their volunteer time and fundraising to help our club.
- Who pays my Entry Fees when I am registering for a race or event and how do I spend my Fundraising Credits on them? The Club Administrator does all registrations and event fee payments to the various organizations hosting races/events. She tracks these fees for each athlete over the course of the season (Track Season or the Fall Season). At the end of the season, she calculates the amount owing for Entry Fees minus the Fundraising Credits that the athlete has accumulated. She emails these details and the total owing to the athlete for payment. The Athlete is responsible to pay for their Entry Fees Total for the Season, and can use Fundraising Credits toward this payment.
- Am I expected to fundraise even though I could pay all of my Entry Fees myself without the help of Fundraising Credits? Yes, we are a Non-Profit Society that depends on fundraising to help offset the costs and ensure that we can grow to serve athletes in the future. Our Club’s Bylaws state that all members are expected to fundraise. So, even though we don’t specify a minimum fundraising requirement, we encourage and expect athlete participation in fundraising. This helps the club to function well, helps each athlete to save money on entry fees by earning Fundraising Credits, and gets athlete families pulling together as a team by doing creative fundraising events & getting Sponsors for the Club.