We are an inclusive Club accepting athletes of all abilities
Coach: Susan Northey
Assistant Coaches: Kiya Posthumus and Gerry Swan
Ages: 14 years and up (Midget, Youth, Junior & Senior)
Events: 400m, 800m, 1500m, 300m, 1200m, 2000m, Steeple Chase, 400m Hurdles, Cross Country
This training group is for the athlete who enjoys running the longer events. Those athletes who have taken part in a running program at school and would like to train a little more seriously will fit in nicely with this group.
The main emphasis in this group is development of speed endurance while making gains in aerobic fitness and learning about race strategies. We are a competitive running group so commitment to practices and off-day running is a must.
The Royals take pride in how many of our athletes not only succeed in the high school system but continue their running career (some with athletic scholarships) in the post-secondary system.
The Middle Distance Group trains three days a week:
See “PRACTICE SCHEDULE” page for current practice days/times and locations
- Tuesdays 4:00-5:45 (Location varies by season see below for details)
- Thursdays 4:00-5:45 (Location varies by season see below for details)
- Saturdays 10:00 – 11:30 (Location varies by season see below for details)
The Middle Distance Group trains for ten months of the year (December and August are off months)
- During the Spring/Summer Track Season: Meet at Rotary Stadium in the Picnic Shelter
- During the Fall Cross Country Season: Meet at Clearbrook Park (West Parking Lot)
- During the Winter Training Season: Meet at the ARC (Abbotsford Recreation Centre–Drop off at Back Field Pick Up at the ARC Entrance Foyer off the Back Parking Lot)